Wednesday 1 October 2014

• September lusting // October wish list •

Wish list!
I really missed writing last month's lust list, so I was very excited to write this one! I've loved writing the #alipaday series throughout the month of September, but I'm definitely ready to dive back into normal blogging! So please do excuse me if this post is slightly waffly - I haven't done this in a while... If you'd like to see what I was lusting over in my last 'lusting' post, you can click here.

1. Pixi Glow Tonic
Currently £18
I've been reading Caroline Hirons' blog (probably every single day) and I was thoroughly intrigued whilst reading her post on chemical exfoliants. Now I've always been one to manually exfoliate and have never even tried a chemical one, but apparently it's all the rage at the moment and I want to make my own mind up about it. I've done my research and this basically seems like a gentler (to the face and bank account) version of the Alpha H Liquid Gold exfoliant, and I've heard great things about both. I guess I'm just jumping on the bandwagon but the fact is that I do have acne scarring that, to be frank, is getting on my bloody nerves, so I'll try anything once!

2. Vaseline Spray and Go in Cocoa Radiant
Currently £3.99
My friend owns this and ohhh she smells delicious. I'm a massive fan of anything cocoa or sweet scented so I feel like I need this in my life. The spray factor, funky packaging and fine mist that comes out just excites me, and it's such a new and novel product that I'm curious to test it out myself. I love Vaseline as a brand and have used them for years, so can trust the products, and I just like the fact that this is the lazy girls cheat to moisturised skin. At the moment I'm using Johnsons baby oil in the shower to moisturise, but it's scent-less and I want something that can make me smell yummy, you know? And since this is currently £1 in Boots, I'm thinking, why the heck not.

3. Urban Decay Glide on Eye Pencils 
Currently £12.60
I own a few of these already and I hadn't used them in months up until last week. It reminded me of how creamy, rich in pigment and easy to apply they are, which made me think that I need to pick a few more up. I do think there are dupes for more than half the price, but the colour range is just fantastic and in my opinion, this alone is worth the money. I have my eye on Zero (black), Whiskey (deep brown) and Mildew (khaki green). Just beautiful!

4. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Glastonberry
Currently £23
Since I saw Zoe apply this in one of her recent videos, I have been obsessed with it. Now, when I say obsessed, I don't just mean 'when I think of make up that I'm in the mood to buy, I think of this'. I mean the kind of obsessed where you think about it all of the time, when you flick onto the website to buy it and just stare at the photos, when you apply other lipsticks but they're just not perfect enough. Therefore, before I drive myself insane, I have to buy it. This is a stunning deep berry shade and it comes up in my favourite formula - matte. Charlotte Tilbury is the queen of make up so I doubt it would be drying on the lips, which makes me happy, and the packaging is just... oh... the packaging. Let's leave it there shall we? I need it. End of.

5. Urban Decay Flushed Palette in Naked
Currently £19.80
So things are getting a little Urban Decay-crazy in this month's lusting post! I've never really been a massive 'cheek' girl, if that makes sense at all. Blushes don't excite me and bronzers are just there to serve a purpose. That was until I came across the Tarte 12 Hour Amazonian Clay blushes and benefit Hoola bronzer. Since then, I'm a girl on a mission, trying to find the perfect shade of both and not stopping until I have them all. So what's another compact to add to the collection? I chose Naked in particular because the highlight is more of a pinky shade and I don't own any pink highlights, the bronzer is more red-toned which I'm liking at the moment, and the blush is deeper which is really pretty for Autumn-Winter.

6. Soap and Glory Kick-Ass Blur and Brighten Concealer
Currently £6
Late nights always show through my under eye bags and, although I don't get massively dark ones, bags are still bags nonetheless. I do find it such a faff in the morning to apply concealer under there as it always worries me that it will start to crease basically straight away but I've read reviews on this one that say it doesn't crease at all. I probably wouldn't use it straight from the stick as I think of that as quite unhygienic so I'd swipe a bit onto my finger then dab it under my eyes.

Have you tried any of these products? I'd love to know what 
you think before I just go ahead and splurge away! :)
Daniela xo
Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments :

  1. Great post, I love the new Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks, especially Velvet Underground!

    Although their more expensive that I'd like they're definitely worth it!

    Fleur


    http://itsmefleur.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The naked flushed is gorgeous! I love the blush and highlight!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Charlotte Tilbury matte lipsticks are also on my wish list for this month :) x

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine // My Blog Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pixi glow tonic has been on my wishlist for months! But it has mixed reviews and I'm still not sure if I should get it or not... :/

    Kirsty
    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been lusting after the Pixi glow tonic too...and after reading this post I'm now lusting after the kick-ass concealer too!

    Faye x
    i wish i could wink

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try out Pixi Glow Tonic too! Ive been meaning to buy it since forever!

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete

UA-48181795-1