Sunday 29 June 2014

• GUEST POST // Ginger Hannah // Gluten Free Oat and Raisin Cookies •

Hello my little beauty loving baked delights!

This is a slightly different blog for me, I normally do make up tips, tricks and finds, but today I fancied cookies so I thought what better to blog about, everyone loves a cookie right! Those of you who don't know me (which will be most of you) can find me at www.gingerhannah.wordpress.com - cheeky little promo there, but anyways back to the cookies!

I discovered a few months ago that I have a wheat intolerance meaning that things like cookies or a slice of cake were off limits to me, now I normally eat very healthily but the minute I realised I couldn't eat those things, made me want them even more! I've been experimenting with gluten free baking and also ways to make bakes as healthy as possible so here we go:

You will need:

•  75g rolled oats
•  3-4 tablespoons desiccated coconut
•  3 tablespoons agave nectar
•  2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or sunflower oil
•  a good handful of any dried fruit or seeds you fancy (I used raisins and cranberries)
•  cinnamon to taste

Method:

Now this is where I give you a complex strategy recipe with lots of cookery word in it but why would I when these cookies are sooooo easy!

Step 1: Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix (see I could have stopped there but step 1 felt like I was cheating).
Step 2: Split into individual portions and put on a lined baking tray.
Step 3: Bake at 190 for 10 minutes or until golden on top.

Step 4: Eat them (all of them) knowing you won't have an allergic reaction or put on 25 stone because these marvellous bakes contain no added sugar, that's right nada!!! The only sugar in these bad boys is from the dried fruit.

Agave Nectar is one of my favourite baking ingredients. This is a staple for healthy baking! It contains no fats and only natural plant sugars making these baked treats nothing to feel guilty about!

I would have put in a picture of me enjoying my cookies, but it is possible (maybe probable) that I wolfed them own while they were still warm!

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do, and head on over to my blog for some beauty, fashion and who knows maybe another bake sometime in the near future!

All my love,

Ginger Hannah xoxo

If you would like to guest post on Daniela Scribbles, drop me an email - dannidiraimo@gmail.com
or tweet me @ddiraimo92
Make sure to check out Hannah's blog - Ginger Hannah - and tell her I said hi!
Daniela xo
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-48181795-1