Saturday 24 May 2014

• May Birchbox #2 // review •

I was so impressed with the last Birchbox that I just couldn't wait for the next one - and it did not disappoint.

With a mix of high-end and middle-end products (the majority being higher) I was so excited to see my favourite mascara and a well-known cleanser as soon as I opened the box. The products are based around 'outdoor adventures' - spending longer outside in the warmer weather - and this stunning box is a collaboration with Harper's Bazaar. If you wanted to see what I received in last month's Birchbox, you can click here to read that post.
Soigne Nail Lacquer in Cerise // £11 (full size)

This stunning nail polish is so opaque, so easy to apply and has such a lovely thin wand to work with. It's such a beautiful colour and I'm really pleased I received this in my box - I checked out the other colours that other's received and I already have those sorts of colours in my collection, but this one I feel is quite unique. It's grown up, but still a pretty, fun pink. And look a that packaging! How cute?!
Benefit They're Real! Mascara // £19.50 (full size)

I can't profess my love enough for this product. I've written a full review of it here, where you can see how the product works to transform my eyelashes into fluttery, volumised beauties. The plastic bristles really grip every single lash and the formula is so budge proof that it lasts all day and into the night. It volumises, lengthens and is the blackest black, making lashes stand out and appear much fuller. 10 out of 10 for this product and I will always repurchase, so it's handy to have a mini travel-size tube of it!

I am loyal to my Batiste but I have heard that there are dry shampoos which don't leave your hair white, so I'm always up for giving new things a go. This product therefore was very much welcomed into my haircare collection. It works perfectly and doesn't leave any residue in my hair, it turns my hair from a greasy mess into a voluminous mane and it smells delightful, too. I've used it to death and there's still product in it which makes me think that the £13.50 price tag is worth it. I'm going to look into buying myself a bottle of this when I run out as I think it does a fantastic job (and makes me a lot more lazy when it comes to hair washing!)

This smells divine! It doesn't get more luxurious than Aromatherapy Associates and I'm so happy to have received this in my box. I've used it once but I used it sparingly (so I could get another use out of it - cheapskate!) and it created the most uplifting, invigorating scent in my bathroom. My skin felt so soft after use and I'll be popping this on my Christmas list as I don't think I could justify spending this much money on myself for a bath product, however I'd very happily receive this as a gift! *secretly hopes Mum/Dad/brother/boyfriend is reading this...*

I don't want to say too much about this product as I'm planning a post where I compare it to one of my favourite lower end hot cloth cleansers, but I have to say that this product really is lovely. My skin is going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment due to a certain product (read this post here) so I'm treating it with a little more TLC as I usually would, and the Cleanse and Polish is so gentle that it's helping to calm my skin down a little. I love that it comes with a little muslin cloth, and honestly, how generous is this sample size? You literally need a pea-sized amount so I can see this lasting me a rather long time!

There are the five gorgeous products I received in this months Birchbox - not one of them a dud, a mix of make up, skincare and haircare - which is exactly what I'm looking for in a beauty box. If you haven't subscribed yet, I really urge you to give it a go. It's opened my eyes to some products which I ordinarily wouldn't have the opportunity to try out (Aromatherapy Associates...)

What did you think of this months Birchbox? Which was your favourite product?
Daniela
Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments :

  1. Such a good box! They packed a lot of goodies

    xx
    Ana Leote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, they really did! I'm so happy with this box! Daniela xo

      Delete
  2. Such a good beauty box, really want to try out some of these beauty boxes!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, definitely try Birchbox - such amazing products! Very reasonably priced too! Daniela xo

      Delete
  3. Wow amazing products, love the Liz Earle cleanse and polish!
    - Grace and Charlotte
    http://exploringwardrobes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, they are amazing products aren't they, I'm so impressed! Daniela xo

      Delete
  4. I've just singed up to Birch Box, very excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, oooh I'm excited for you :) Hope you love it as much as I do! Daniela xo

      Delete

UA-48181795-1