Wednesday 15 January 2014

• The most thoughtful gift •

Whittard - Teas of the World

People kept telling me that I would love the Christmas presents my brother was getting me. He started his first full time job this year (well done, Maz!) and I knew he'd thought really long and hard about what to buy for me. When I opened this unexpected present my first thought was ahh awesome, right up my street! The second was wow, he's really thought about this one...
 Currently £20 from Whittard, click here to be directed to the site.
When you receive gifts like these, you're already in a good mood because you get to use something that you really enjoy. Once you're over that initial excitement, you're left feeling really grateful that someone has taken an interest in the kind of thing you're into. I was honestly chuffed, and surprised to be honest, that my brother had given me this thoughtful gift - it's easy to give someone generic things like chocolate and slippers (although I'm not complaining, I love these gifts too!) but to know that someone has gone out of their way to buy you something that reflects your interests is really...touching. Yeah, I was touched, that's the right word for it.

This set boasts 9 teas from around the world. There are 20 tea bags in each box (I love it when tea is boxed!) and they're presented so beautifully. I love the detailing of the pictures! On each box is a description of where the tea is from, the history of Whittard and Chelsea and how to make the tea (not as simple as it sounds...in some you have to use lemon, in some sugar, in some no milk). Teas include:
    English breakfast
    Lapsang Souchong
    Ceylon
    Assam
    Earl Grey
    Russian Caravan
    Spice Imperial
    Sencha
    Jasmine

My favourite is the Lapsang Souchong - a tea from China, it was smoked over pinewood fires and has a really strong woody fragrance. I love it!
This set just makes mornings that little bit nicer; we all need some sort of variation in our lives. I guess it's something to look forward to (in a non-sad, I-have-no-life kind of way). I'll say my mantra again..."enjoy the little things". If you're a tea-lover like me, and enjoy experiencing teas from different parts of the world, you'll love this set; for £20 I think it's fairly well priced - you get more for your money compared to Teapigs prices (although Teapigs is a hard one to beat, I give you that).


I hope you enjoyed this post, bring on next Christmas!


Daniela

12 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh! When I saw English Breakfast and Earl Grey my mouth started watering! hahaha! It's been a while since I had tea... now I want some (lol) sure do hope my sis buys this for me on Feb.

    http://themiasalazar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And by the way, nominated you for the liebster awards

      Delete
    2. Hi, firstly, thank you so much for nominating me - that's put a smile right on my face! I'll answer the questions at some point this week/weekend :)
      And yes the English Breakfast is a classic and will always be one of my faves! I hope your sister treats you to the set in February! Daniela x

      Delete
  2. Hello, ah thank you so much - that's so sweet of you to say!
    I have checked out your blog and love it! I've also followed you on bloglovin :) Daniela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It truly is the most thoughtful gift. I started green tea last year. and now I cant get enough of it! And this is so many different types of tea. Awesome

    Ayesha
    Defining Me
    Bloglovin|Google+|facebook|pinterest|Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, it is isn't it :) I love it. I drink tea everyday anyway, but this makes it just that little bit more exciting! Green tea is so good for you, which is great if you love it! Daniela x

      Delete
  4. Ooh, this is such a lovely present! I really love tea. Every morning and evening I have a cup of green tea. Perfect to start and end the day :)

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you :) It is so lovely, and very unexpected! Green tea is so good you for you, I really need to buy some! Daniela x

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely present. I wish my brother was half as thoughtful...! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, it is lovely :) maybe you can drop some hints? Like "I like tea! Can I have the Whittard and Chelsea Teas of the World set for my birthday/Christmas please?!" he should get the hint soon enough... ;) Daniela x

      Delete
  6. My brother also got me Whittard's tea for christmas! (rose to be specific) and i'm addicted. x Jazzy (hivenn.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, ahh I've never tried rose tea before but it sounds amazing! Love your blog by the way :) Daniela x

      Delete

UA-48181795-1